a place where i store my thoughts, experiences and comments on the policy, the fun and joy of visiting detention centres, my relationships with the people i've met, and the moments of beauty that somehow emerge through the darkness of australia's treatment of refugees.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fair Dublin


Hi there,

I feel I must apologise for my serious lack of blog updates recently. I've got a lot of things on my mind in the last few weeks before I go overseas. One of the main things I'm worrying about is finding accommodation in Dublin! It is UNBELIEVABLY hard to find a room in that place! I keep getting rejection emails (mostly because of the time-period of my stay) from people called Eoghan, Fearghal, Siobhaun, Connell, Davey, Declan and Aisling. It's very demoralising!

Anyway I'm sure I will overcome this hurdle but I just thought I'd write to say hi, because I can see that a few people are still logging on to see whazzup. Oooh, by the way, the banner across the top of this post is the logo from University College Dublin - the esteemed institution from which I will be receiving my Masters. Interestingly though, the Masters program is run by the School of Biology and Environmental Science, Agri and Food Science Centre, and from what I can tell I'm getting a Masters in Agricultural Science....! MSc(Agr) HA - there's a reason for the HA on the end there: not only does it stand for Humanitarian Action, it also nicely begins the phrase HAHAHAHA!!! oh dear :S

Very soon, there will be more info about the *FILM* available here. It's looking great! I'm very excited :)

See you all soon.

JT x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter Locations of visitors to this page